Monday, September 28, 2009

I still remember the first time I met Kisti and Sidney - it was 2003 - Nate's birthday celebrations at the Clay Pit. Both of them were so warm and welcoming to me in their own way :)
There are so many moments after that evening that I remember being in awe of Kisti. There are so many things about her that totally fascinated me - her soft voice, her excited-twinkling eyes, love for anchovies :), her pie and stuffing making ability... (although she would almost always apologize for the looks... but to me they always looked so good).

I also remember the night of 8th of April, 2004, when we visited Kisti and Sidney in Los Fresnos, it was pretty late in the night and Kisti was up and she was talking with us, when out of the blue she asked us "so when are you two getting married"... i was so surprised and was smiling and Ben was smiling as well... and Ben replied - "its funny that you should ask..." :) We actually had gone to the court at 11am that very morning and signed the document.... till date I wonder, how did she know :)

Then there was the India trip... both Kisti and Sidney were so excited about the entire trip. I know for sure that she loved getting dressed in the sarees and even shopping for them :)...

There are so many-many other things as well... the first time Annika said "ta-da" with her hands raised - just like Kisti does it :)
The first time Kisti tried to feed Annika food and she sang the song "A little bit more, a little bit more.."

I am so proud that I am a part of this Beckwith family.

1 comment:

  1. I knew Kisti when I was a girl in Stockbridge. My mom was a good friend of hers, and my brothers and I loved to play with Lysne, Ben and Nathan. Us girls would play "Little House on the Prairie" and hang out in the woods all day. My memories of the entire Beckwith family are wonderful, happy ones. It was a childhood you read about, and it was mine. Kisti was a cool lady who always smiled and let us have fun. She loved my mom and my mom loved her. I will miss her terribly. Love the whole family! Hugs!

    Mary Pat (Murphy) Callahan

    ReplyDelete